Friday, February 18, 2011

The Cake of the Month







One day my husband said to me,
"You should bake a cake every month"

and I said,
"No way! I mean, it would be awesome, but I would be the only one eating it and I would gain 700 pounds by the end of the year!"


So, we compromised by me baking a cake every month and him helping me deliver slices of it to our friends.

But, for December's cake, my husband was actually the one to make it.

He chose this recipe from America's Test Kitchen.
We were going to add a lime curd filling ...
but we didn't.
Probably because we made this cake on Christmas eve.
And after all the gingerbread cookies and the homemade eggnog and the chocolate-covered oreos ...

... we were kind of tired of baking.

If we make it again, though, we will definitely add a lime curd filling.



1 comment:

  1. That looks amazingly delicious. I am going to bookmark that recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete