Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blessing Dress part 1

Sorry for my silence.

I have been working like a mad woman over here

I made a blessing dress/Christening gown for my niece

This is the original design:
made of dupioni silk
with a pick up skirt on the overlay
I made it my way - without a pattern






the most time-consuming part was these rosettes

because they took 20 minutes each
and I had to make 75




isn't she pretty?





my favorite part was the bonnet





the camera didn't do it justice.
especially not my little point-and-shoot

the fabric was so luxurious
and my niece was so pretty

as soon as I receive the photos taken by the professional
I will post them for you

5 comments:

  1. You made that dress. Without a pattern. I just....it's just that....I'm speechless. I kind of just want to stand near you and bask is your amazingness.

    Also, I have that same skirt. But I don't have a top nearly as cute to wear with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' creative I am jealous. I think you should never use a pattern because you do such great creative work without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your an amazing AUNTIE!! We love you so much!! Thank you for all the hard work, tears and blood you put into the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHONY! This is your favorite cousin marissa (well one of them) :) I stumbled upon this blog, and can I just say AMAZING. Growing up, I remember you always being very creative, but you are so Talented!! Just wanted to let you know I love this! Oh and I am sure you get this all the time, but your son is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chony!! This is your favorite cousin marissa (well one of them) :) I recently stumbled upon this blog, and I just wanted to let you know this is AMAZING! I remember you always being very creative, but you are soo talented! Just wanted to tell you. Also, you hear this all the time, but your son is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete