Friday, April 30, 2010

the smell of citrus



sorry about that last post.

i have been frustrated with a lot of things right now.
my toddler seems to be 'exerting his independence' through blatant defiance
and my body is stupid
and i have been kind of cranky about it all.
i'm working on it :)
anyway ...

I want a lime tree in my kitchen
although any citrus tree would do, I guess.

as soon as I am finished refinishing my new hutch
(I have been sanding every day until my arms ache)
and it is in its place
there will be a blank spot of wall
and I think a citrus tree would be perfect there.

I could grow my own zest
make awesome fajitas
or every now and then get a whiff of that fresh citrus scent

image via gardenandgreen


the only problem is, I have an incredibly black thumb.
I can barely keep silk plants alive.

When I was dating [the boy who is now my husband] I had to drop out of school and move back in with my parents for a while,
for health reasons.
And as I was leaving my boyfriend gave me a whispy little pot of white flowers.
so cute.

They died within the first week.

With his visit approaching my mom and I ran out and bought a replacement plant.
It didn't look at all like the first one.
My boyfriend noticed - he said, "Is this the same plant? It seems more robust"

I assured him it was just thriving under my tender loving care.
It wasn't.
The new plant was dead within a week.

This is just one example of many of my inability to keep plants alive.
I do my research, I follow instructions,
it just doesn't work out for me.

I have gotten a bit off topic, but I guess there wasn't much of a point to this post except to send this message out into the universe:
I want a lime tree in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment