Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Virtue Celebration

Everyone has responsibilities in my church
and mine is to plan activities for the women
of the church to gather
to help increase faith and personal righteousness,
strengthen families and homes,
and provide service to those in need.


I feel like a party planner.
I love it.

This month's activity was a formal dinner to celebrate virtue.
We invited all women ages 12 and older.



Then it came time to decorate.
The color of virtue is gold ...
but gold things are impossible to find this time of year.
Everything is pastel.

So, one quick call to my mother-in-law
and two days later I got a box of gold Christmas baubles in the mail.


I put them in crystal vases (borrowed from friends)
but they just looked like baubles in a vase.

So I wrapped each bauble in tulle first (a 6"x8" rectangle)


Then, when added to sparkly gold table runners and chair ties with sparkly gold ribbon
we had a fancy party!





3 comments:

  1. Man am I ever glad you left a comment on my blog. I have been looking for your blog FOREVER. Inefficiently, for sure. Whew. Now I have it. I can get back to gleaning your talents via the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so perfect!! I am sure the relief society was so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I totally didn't know you had this blog but you did a great job decorating and planning the virtue night. It was a lot of fun! And I'm glad I can see what you are up to now that I don't get to see you in Young Women's every week. Or even at church since we seem to miss each other all the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete