Monday, March 8, 2010

Thrifty Nifty

I am a terrible thrift shopper.

I hear stories about 'great finds' from people like this one

but when it comes to thrift shopping, I don't go often enough and when I do go, I am always looking for two things: a matte silver lamp base and a kitchen hutch.

And I never find them.

I have had a lamp shade for five years just waiting for me to find its base.

And I currently have dishes sitting in a cardboard box on my kitchen floor (seriously!) because I do not have the cupboard space for them.

But, the other day I went on a whim and found this.


Well, not actually that, although it is also an Ethan Allen ... circa 1980 ...


No, it looks more like this.

But for only $72 I think it has potential.


And I am thinking I can make it look like this:

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. That would be quite the project...but if anyone can do it...and do it well...it would be you!! you have so much talent in this area...Domestic Goddess is fitting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I totally have that exact piece of furniture and the whole matching set in my office at the house. When we moved into the house my brother in law's parents sold us the whole set so we have a desk and then like 3 pieces similar to that one and then that exact piece. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete