Saturday, May 21, 2011

Will Power

We recently got this book from the library

The Frog and Toad books were some of my favorites as a child.

And in it is a story titled, "The Cookies"
wherein Toad makes some deliciously addictive cookies.

And when they can't stop eating them Frog decides that they need willpower
and eventually gives the cookies away to some birds.

And Toad laments that they no longer have any cookies.

And Frog says, "Yes, but we have lots and lots of will power"

to which Toad replies, "You can keep it all, Frog. I am going home to bake a cake".



I have been trying to find some will power for myself lately.

(Almost) every morning I ride a stationary bike for 5.5 miles
then jog/walk for 1 hour.

But as soon as my boys are asleep (during naps or at night)
I suddenly become so hungry for sweets
and find myself rummaging for something delicious.

I have especially had an affinity for cake lately.

And I just keep thinking, "You can keep your will power.
I am going to bake a cake"

No comments:

Post a Comment