Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine Trees

Happy Valentines!
I hope you all had sweet ones.

I thought I would post a picture of the Valentine decorations I made this year, since they are going to be put away next week.

I made valentine trees out of some sticks, tiny clay pots, and some valentine picks I found in the dollar section of Michael's.

The whole project took me an hour.

The hardest part was finding the sticks.

Not because sticks are hard to come by around here, but because I had to get them out of a drainage ditch near my home, and I was embarrassed every time a car drove by. I'm sure I looked a little crazy rummaging through fallen tree branches.

On to the pictures.
The first few are showing the trees in their 'natural habitat' (a.k.a. on my mantel).
Then I moved them into my kitchen to get some better lighting on them so you can see the details.
I think they're cute.
They make me happy, at least.

I took a lot of photos and I don't feel like wading through them to separate the very best from the pile.

Sorry.


















No comments:

Post a Comment