Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Giraffes

Ugh, I am having designer's block. These giraffes are killing me. I have yet to create the perfect picture in my head. Hopefully that "aha!" moment will come soon - its absence is keeping me up at night.

So, I guess "not too baby" means "don't use pastel colors." And, those stuffed giraffes represented a 'shabby chic' element that she wants. So, I have been working on a few others. I still haven't found the perfect design yet, but I'll keep plugging away at it. I have been focusing on a design for a baby girl, since that represents the bigger challenge (in my opinion). So far, this is what I have come up with:

I don't really care for this one, but I guess the basic layout could have potential. I still prefer this layout better:






I do like this patchwork one though:

Don't worry, these are not the colors I would use. I just used the best I could short of actually buying fabric and making it - free digital scrapbook papers from Shabby Princess (my favorite digital scrapbook place!).


So, here are some other inspirational finds I collected while brainstorming:

I am really loving the colors on this page of stickers right now - Dark pink, baby blue, butter yellow, dark plum, and silver. This could potentially make some cute giraffes. Not quite compatible with a shabby chic nursery though.
This stuffed giraffe in the Pottery Barn Catalog is my favorite giraffe ever! So cute and quirky - totally different from any other giraffe design I have ever seen. I love love love it.
I like the way this giraffe has a square nose, but I don't like it nearly as much as the one above it.
Also made by Pottery Barn, these animals are almost patchwork, which is kind of cute.

I like the way this giraffe has different colored legs.

2 comments:

  1. I love the design with the pink tree! I think that is a great direction to take, very orginal! I agree that the Pottery Barn giraffe is the best of the inspiration giraffes you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chony I love them...I agree I like the pottery barn patchwork animals... I even like the colors on the towels. How hard would it be to put together though? Would you like me to pick an easier design?

    ReplyDelete